Q& Some sort of: THE COLLEGE PREPARATION PROCESS A week ago, I was the guest for #CollegeCash chat with on Twits discussing college preparation the online resources that are available for the patients parents and pupils. Since in no way everyone can stay these félin or will be active on Tweet, I thought it would be nice to express the questions and answers here on our blog.
Question: Any time do dads and moms start the group prep technique?
- Ideally make sure you start talking to your learner about the value of an education whenever they start the school and amp it up inside middle the school.
- 9th level students must pay close attention to lessons selection enrolling in AP consistently improves classes, numbers and scientific research.
- 9th graders should also take a look for that AN INDIVIDUAL extracurricular hobby to concentrate on around high school.
Problem: What do you see as the parent’s role on the college preparation process?
- Moms and dads should allow the student ‘drive the car’ but go along as a passenger/guide
- Parents may also help with lending broker and gentle simple guidelines regarding deadlines
- Parents needs to be there meant for advice, help support and queries but don’t take control of the process
Question: Exactly what online applications do you suggest for evaluating colleges side-by-side?
- I love Zinch because you can result in a profile, do a comparison of colleges and start matched w/colleges and scholarships or grants http://www.zinch.com
- You can utilize the College Board’s tool in order to colleges in addition http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/index.jsp
- Even more sites usually are: http://www.collegeview.com/index.jsp & http://www.collegexpress.com/ & http://www.cappex.com & http://www.collegeconfidential.com
Problem: What internet tools will you recommend for test rea chi tiết